BW Texas Chili
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 2 14oz cans diced tomatoes, do not drain (May substitute tomatoes with green chilies)
- 2 15oz cans of beans (pinto, kidney, Ranch style, or combination)
- 1 8oz can tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup BW Texas Chili Seasoning
- Salt to taste
Combine meat and onion in large pot over medium-high heat and cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks. Drain and discard fat. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with corn chips or crackers. Top with Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Onion, Avocado, or Lime
To prepare in a slow-cooker: Cook ground beef in skillet over medium-high heat until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks. Drain and discard fat. Add cooked meat and remaining ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or on low 6-8 hours. Serve as above.
BW Texas Chili Seasoning
- ½ cup Chili Powder
- ¼ cup Ground Cumin
- 2 T Garlic Powder
- 2 T Oregano
- 1 T Paprika
- 1 t Cayenne
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Store in a tight container or zip top bag away from moisture, light, and heat. Makes 1 cup, enough for 4 batches of BW Texas Chili.
While you’re here, check out some of the issues we’ve been talking about at Biblical Woman
- The Birds, the Bees, and Plan B
- I Wasn’t a Plan…I Was a Hot Date!
- Lifetime at Your Preacher’s Daughter
- My Downton Disposition: How TV is Teaching Us
- Dear Dottie, My Husband Won’t Let Me Go to Church
- I May Not Be There..But Please Keep Honoring Moms
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, What is My Worth After All?